We are excited for our 21st Annual Event! You may notice some subtle changes to this year’s events and production.
There will be no duathalon this year.
There will still be live music and food and drinks as well at the after party!
The 5K course will change this year. Participants will start on Bennett St along Cannon Park and proceed to Gadsden St and turn right. Runners will then turn left on Calhoun St and head up the on ramp of the James Island Connector. Participants will then exit at the Fielding Connector and loop back around to the Northbound side of the James Island Connector and return to the start.
The 10K course will remain the same this year. Participants will start on Bennett St along Cannon Park and proceed to Gadsden St and turn right. Runners will then turn left on Calhoun St and head up the on ramp of the James Island Connector. Participants will then turn back around near the end of the James Island Connector as directed and head back to Cannon Park on the Northbound side of the Connector.
- There will be free parking at the Courtney St Parking Garage on the morning of the event.
- Inform parking attendant when leaving that you were here for the JICR
- The third floor is reserved for hospital staff. Please do not park there.
- Be patient. Traffic will back up at the end of the vent as participants give their receipts to the lot attendant.
- We will have limited parking availability for those with disabilities in the Rutledge Ave Parking Garage
- Please contact for information about parking.
- There will be additional parking available along the streets as well as other parking garages in the area.
- There will be a designated parking area for volunteers.
- There will be no parking along the park on Rutledge Ave.
All participants of both the 10K and 5K Run/Walk will receive this 2.75″ custom die cast medal when they cross the finish line.
You can pick up your race bib and shirt on Friday October 25, 2019 at Cannon Park from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM or race day starting at 6:00 AM.
Enjoy live music all during the event from local favorite 40 Mile Detour!
This kid friendly event offers a rock climbing wall for kids of all ages to enjoy!
Kids can enjoy face painting courtesy of Carolina Party Artist!
Hang out, enjoy some free beer and food!
No matter how hard you try, you will see, hear, and talk about a great time you had after the race!!
The Countdown Begins!
Full List of Events & Milestones
Early Registration Begins - Jun 20
Register for the 5K for $25 or the 10K for $30.
Early Registration Ends - Aug 01
5K registration price increases to $30.
10K registration price increases to $35.
GAVALAS KOLANKO SCHOLARSHIP RECEPTION - Sept 17
Packet Pickup - Oct 25
Packet Pickup will be at Cannon Park.
Packet Pickup will be from 11am to 6pm.
Race Day! - Oct 26
Packet Pickup starts at 6 AM.
Race starts at 8:30 AM.
Awards Ceremony - Oct 26
5K awards will be given out at 9:45am at Cannon Park.
10K awards will be given out at 10:30 at Cannon Park.
After Party - Oct 26
Join us after the race in Cannon Park and enjoy our after party with a live band and free beer and food!
Register to Race!
Register today to support this wonderful cause all while having fun!